anhaga: (smuggling smile)
[personal profile] anhaga
xwp

I rode Warrior Pony outside today, since the weather was lovely and the "footing" in the "outdoor" was relatively dry. At the end, I decided to see how she did with a little walk out in the hay field, and she was surprisingly calm. She tends to be a bit stupid about new things and since I am a giant weenie about riding out I am not exactly confidence-inspiring. I couldn't tell you why the hay field is different from the "outdoor," since the "outdoor" doesn't have a fence or anything, it's just closer to the barn, but mentally both the horses and I find it less intimidating than the fields.

She did nearly spin and bolt for the barn just after I took this, but I sat and made myself breathe and then she was willing to wait for me to decide we could turn and walk back. Good pony.

Date: 2013-03-31 12:18 am (UTC)
ext_7899: the tenth doctor stands alone (long arm of the law: WC)
From: [identity profile] rhipowered.livejournal.com
Awww, bless. And a lovely picture.

Date: 2013-03-31 10:46 pm (UTC)
ext_22037: (floating bowls)
From: [identity profile] flax.livejournal.com
Bless indeed! And thank you.The dramatic spring skies here make taking interesting photos pretty easy! :)

Date: 2013-03-31 09:16 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] herecirm.livejournal.com
Oh, wow. What an incredible photo! That sky! And the lighting is wonderful.

Date: 2013-03-31 10:47 pm (UTC)
ext_22037: (floating bowls)
From: [identity profile] flax.livejournal.com
It's my favorite thing about living here! Most people like the 300+ days of sunshine per year ... I love the dramatic light in because it makes for good photos!

Date: 2013-03-31 10:26 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] dragon-moon.livejournal.com
So glad that you guys were able to ride outdoor like that. It's an achievement to stretch both of your boundaries like that.

I absolutely love that photo too - her ears and the contrast of the sky and field is just really nice. :o)

Date: 2013-03-31 10:48 pm (UTC)
ext_22037: (floating bowls)
From: [identity profile] flax.livejournal.com
Me too, it's something we need to practice more. The footing in the indoor is really ... problematic right now, so I'm hoping maybe if my trainer is actually back from Florida for good we can do some lessons out in the fields to work on it and avoid the crap footing all in one fell stroke!

Thank you! I love our dramatic skies. :)

Date: 2013-04-01 06:07 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] re-vised.livejournal.com
Love the contrast of sky and land!

Profile

anhaga: (Default)
jorden

March 2021

S M T W T F S
 123456
789101112 13
14151617181920
21222324252627
28293031   

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Oct. 10th, 2026 08:37 am
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios